State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) benefits related to COVID-19 Extended through January 31, 2021
Jan 21, 2021, 10:04 AM
- The State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) will cover medically necessary diagnostic tests that are consistent with CDC guidance related to COVID-19 at no cost share to member, where it is not covered as part of the Public Health Service response.
- The SEHP will allow early refills on 30 or 90-day prescription medications and/or allow members to use their mail-order benefit.
- Given the nature of the COVID-19 outbreak, seeking in-person medical care has the potential to further spread the virus. The SEHP partners with Aetna and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas to provide Telehealth services with a virtual doctor’s office. There is 24/7/365 access to this service. The member cost share will be waived for any Telehealth service.
- The HealthQuest Health Center which is operated by Marathon, is available to members and their dependents enrolled in the Health Plan, is located at 901 S. Kansas Ave., Topeka, KS.
- Phone screening is recommended before going to the center: 785-783-4080
- If a patient visits the health center, they will need to put on a mask and clean their hands with hand sanitizer.
- COVID-19 testing is currently available for all state employees, all employees of active Non State employers, and all spouses and dependents over 10 years of age covered by the State Employee Health Plan at the HealthQuest Health Center. Curbside testing is available by appointment only.
- SEHP Members do not have to live/work in Topeka to schedule an appointment for a COVID test with the HQ Health Center
- The HQ Health Center staff will evaluate the patient’s symptoms and recommend they isolate if the initial findings and/or symptoms present are a positive indicator for the virus.